First test with my tf-100 now what

Hfd499

Jul 2, 2016
Garnerville NY
Hi all my pool has been filled for about a month now it's a 16x32 inground vinyl pool about 20,000 gallons the water is clear I've been treating about every other day with about a gallln of bleach. So here it goes
Cl- picking up no cl
Ch-175
Ta-170
Cya dot never disappeared
Ph-8.2

This is pretty easy.

You have no CYA, so target 3 FC. [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] PoolMath can help you translate ppm to fluid ounces. hint: you should get 89 ounces of 8.25% bleach if you did it right.
Next, you need to raise CYA. Aim low -- 30 ppm. You can easily add more, but your pool may not be as big as you think so you don't want to overshoot.
Lastly, add acid to lower pH to 7.4. Again, you don't want to aim for 7.2 because your pool may be smaller than you think.

That's it! The bleach gets dribbled in front of the return with the pump on. Then you wrestle around with the CYA granules and the sock. By the time that is done, you can add the acid to the return stream. A few swipes with the brush to get things mixed faster and hop in :splash: Elapsed time, maybe half an hour. The CYA will take a day or two to dissolve, so don't bother testing it tomorrow.

More details on how to add chemicals Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
More on using poolmath: Pool School - PoolMath

Well, there's two scenarios here:
NO algea:
1. Increase CYA to at least 30
2. Increase FC to about 5
3. Lower pH to the mid 7s

With Algae:
1. Lower pH to 7.2
2. Increase CYA to 30
3. Increase FC to 12 and follow the notes on the SLAM page (link below)

Algae will show in the form of cloudiness or green plumes in the water when brushing. An excessive amount of FC consumption is also a concern. Once you increase the FC to at least 5 or above, you can always do an overnight (OCLT) test to see if algae might be present. Hope that helps. Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)

Thanks for all the help so far after adding liquid stabilizer and ph down my new test results are
Cl/br stayed clear
Ta-130
Cya-20
Ph-7.2
Ch-175
I just added a gallon of 12.5% shock. Hope fully the chlorine levels hold now When should I retest and do I have to run all the test again ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.