First Robotic Cleanr - Opinions Wanted (Dolphin and Polaris models)

rking3

Jan 31, 2017
Houston
Looking for my first robotic cleaner and am stuck. I have seen great reviews and negative reviews for everything. I have narrowed down to 2 brands, polaris and dolphin, but numerous models. Crazy that different retailer have the same models in different color and different names. Please help, provide you input and insight.

Model - Pro/Con
Polaris 9550 - Remote Polaris 9550 Sport Automatic Swimming Pool Cleaner - Swimming Pool Supplies, Parts, and more - Backyard Pool Superstore
Polaris 9450 - Less costly older model Polaris 9400 Sport Automatic Swimming Pool Cleaner - Swimming Pool Supplies, Parts, and more - Backyard Pool Superstore
Dolphin Quantum - No cell app, (Same model as s300?) Dolphin Quantum Robotic Pool Cleaner | PoolExpress
Dolphin Triton Plus- S300i Dolphin Triton Plus with PowerStream

I really liked the S300i but could not find an online retailer. I want a caddy, and weekly programming is interesting but I really wanted remote capabilities or bluetooth (I may be able to do without but quick spot cleaning seems awesome). There is also the cayman, nautilus and many others too much to name.

R,

Welcome to TFP.. A Great resource for all your pool questions... :lovetfp:

You might want to ask for some feedback from those people that have remotes, like me, who never use them. Sounds great, but for me anyway, a waste of money.

Let's see if we can get some comments from those that really like their remotes..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

You might want to ask for some feedback from those people that have remotes, like me, who never use them. Sounds great, but for me anyway, a waste of money.

Let's see if we can get some comments from those that really like their remotes...

There are other differences between the 9450 and 9550 besides the remote which rking3 you can check here. I rarely use the remote. I typically run it once and if the pool was really dirty on occasion I will run a second time. But I have used the remote to direct it if there is just an spot or two I want to hit. But maybe 2-3 times all last season. But I did not buy with the remote being the deciding factor. The brushes were a deciding factor for me.

I have the 9450 and I like it. I wish I had the 9550 for the remote as there are times I only need to clean a section and I cannot do that with the 9450. But I can program it to run manually (outside of the preset programs) from 1/2 hour to 3 1/2 hours. The lack of a swivel has not been a problem. While the cord gets tangled it has never kept the unit from covering the pool and mine is 40 by 16 with a deep end of 6 1/2 to a shallow of 3. Easy to clean the top loading basket and the single front brush does the job, although I don't know if two brushes would do a better job than one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.