First results with the K-2006...some follow -up questions...

Re: First results with the K-2006...some follow -up question

Nope....any old sock you can find. Add some CYA into the sock and tie a string around the top. Hang it in front of the return and let it go. Just don't use one with a bunch of holes in it....the CYA can get blown out into the pool undissolved.

I used an old soccer sock, they are large and can hold a fair amount of CYA. I tied it off on the leash of a morey boogie board and hung it in front of a return. I put a potted plant on the board to keep the kids from moving the board.

Thanks, I didn't want to sound dumb and suggest it was actual sock! I'm still a bit hesitant to add more. Does it seem odd that the CYA is so low despite me adding so much and despite the fact that the previous owners used pucks? I don't want to overboard.

I would hesitate to add more CYA at this time and see how your chlorine consumption is for the next couple of weeks.

Do you have an auto-filler for the pool? If so, you might have a leak that you do not know of and you could be losing CYA that way. Just guessing at this point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.