First real test results re: water balance

Thanks again. My next "project" will be to add borates. I've already done the math and bought 10 boxes of Borax, 3 gallons of muriatic acid and I've been looking around my house for devices for D.I.Y. aeration as it seems the hardest part of adding borates will be the first step of bringing my TA down from 130 ppm. I'll probably start that next week as we are having company over the weekend.

One last question, though. Given that my CYA prematurely tested around 56-ish, 5 hours of direct sun per day and "the usual" bather load, how long would you guess it might take FC to drift down to 5?

Good morning everyone! I must have pushed the wrong button on the pump so it was on timer and turned off sometime in the middle of the night. So, I performed 2 FC tests, one on the still water and a second after the water was well circulated by pumps. First one on still water = 51 drops (FC 25.5). 2nd one on moving water = 54 drops (FC 27).

Someone please tell me what to do next. :confused:
I find a little odd your FC rose between the still and circulated water test. Was your SWG running during that time? Your FC won't drift down with your SWG generating--that's the whole reason for having it. Just turn it off and a daily test should give you a close approximation of how long it will take.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.