First post.....pics included

I too have now admitted to both that the tan liner would have been a mistake.

Yes my testers have actually already tested. These are the same two that tested the Atlantic at Hilton Head a couple years ago at Christmas!

Safety cover is ready to be put on.

Solar heater is here and the solar cover is ordered. Shooting for a birthday pool party on May 1 next year for the official "first party".

We are in East TN.

The size of the pool is 20x40x30.

I see your house in the distance, it's a good distance away for the solar heater. Are they going to install an electric control system to automate heating? If not, it's pretty neat. A sensor goes on your plumbing and roof and this allows an electric valve to open or close depending on the temp setting on the computer. This makes sure you don't end up "solar cooling" your pool when the pump is running during a cool night.

Idamaya said:
mx702 said:
-MD covers can often times create troublesome obstacles for automatic cleaners.

This was the reason my friend had his removed.

I have a vinyl liner pool with MD and a Polaris 380 and my Polaris never hangs on it - but it hangs on the steps, the corner in the shallow end, etc.

I think the MD works well from a circulation perspective and from a keep the pump wet in case of leaks, clogs (floats in the way of the skimmer anyone?) etc.

I realize you already elected to not get one but I thought I would add this perspective for future readers.

X-PertPool said:
I see your house in the distance, it's a good distance away for the solar heater. Are they going to install an electric control system to automate heating? If not, it's pretty neat. A sensor goes on your plumbing and roof and this allows an electric valve to open or close depending on the temp setting on the computer. This makes sure you don't end up "solar cooling" your pool when the pump is running during a cool night.

Long time since I've been here, but wanted to follow up on this /\ and post a few pics.

"they" is me. The solar heater is my project to mount and the PB is going to plumb it in after. Scheduled a friend with a bit of experience to help on this next week. My PB has never done one of these, but has already valved for it at the pump. He's just waiting on me at this point. I am definitely interested in what you mentioned. Any links you could provide so I may learn more?

There has been progress since I posted last.

0C09856B-78C8-4DB5-9DEB-D034AB1D9265-5869-0000056650AF6E38_zps15e95ef9.jpg

1DCAF3F0-2EEE-45F3-80C6-0BE70E4FEA2E-5869-000005665A0F3493_zpsac0c2ba3.jpg

112A7128-4166-43B5-AA00-9DDBE9C539CB-5869-0000056688657FCB_zpsd4c9af8b.jpg

96A44189-28AE-4EE7-92E3-73E85A4008E1-5869-00000566A54DA435_zpsbddb70c9.jpg

69E510B4-B282-4689-9042-F048698E95E9-5869-00000566AC75BCE8_zps2511533a.jpg

FD8F00F4-C50E-4172-837F-3FEF5827557B-5869-00000566BB5C7428_zps564b9c28-1-1.jpg

Looking forward to warmer weather and landscaping. That will be me also. Going on first will be the removal of a window and installation of a door to access the bathroom, new decking, and a roof over part of the deck for more shade.

Spring has sprung and thought I would bump my thread.
Uncovered Wednesday and had very little clean up to do. The builder came down and got things started up. Since that time I have been bouncing from project to project. I will update the deck, bathroom, dog lot, and covered area as they progress. Right now we do have a usable pool though!

First off, I have to say you have a beautiful pool, decking and an overall great job on your pool! I like the solar heating in the first picture you just added. If you have time in the early part of the season, I would be very interested to hear updates on what system you choose to control it and what difference it makes, what size piping and how it was constructed, etc. Part of that info would be how much water does your pool hold? I don't think you answered that yet...unless I missed it.

Enjoy your pool!!!

Beautiful pool. We're limited on space and are doing a 15x28. To get 'extra' space we're looking at getting the same swim out in the deep end. I don't see many builds with one. Worth it in your opinion? Much appreciated. Mark

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
any updates on solar heating system? swim out? were they worth it?

we are in the beginning stages of planning and i would like a swim out in blue, steps in blue for a 16x32 vinyl pool DIY kit. also i was planning a system very similar to yours with solar heating on roof of detached garage. wondering what size piping, additional HP pump necessary, etc.

thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.