First pool under construction. Please provide some help! Marietta GA

So the big wall is all done. I must say it looks good from a distances but I'm not very satisfied with the small details. These guys were more concern with moving super fast rater than doing a quality job. We are now having a small flagstone wall with steps built, these guys are true craftsmen. I wish I would of found them sooner. Take a look at the updated pics and tell me what you think. We are now trying to figure out it we want to drop the extra cash for a flagstone deck. Our original plan was to do pavers. It would be an extra 2k for flagstone, I'm thinking its worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_3048.jpg
    IMG_3048.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_3050.jpg
    IMG_3050.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_3054.jpg
    IMG_3054.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_3056.jpg
    IMG_3056.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_3055.jpg
    IMG_3055.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 365
Here's some shots of the small wall and steps. The guy did an okay job, wish i could of been here when he was doing it.

Attachments

• IMG_0813.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_2994.jpg
    IMG_2994.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 337

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow, I just realized its been 3 weeks since I updated my tread. At this point much hasn't changed. I decided to to tackle some of the final projects myself. I spent the last few days bringing in some dirt to level and compact around the pool. The guy's that built my large block wall did a **** job of compacting the back fill. I rented a jumping jack and went wild for 2 days. The soil compacted 12 inches in some spots. I also had to bring in an additional 10 yards of dirt to bring everything back up to grade. I have about 3 yards left and I must say its has been a good work out. I'm very pleased with the results so far. I have been compacting with a plate compactor as I add the dirt and the ground is nice and firm, even after a good rain. I'm sure this is going to turn out to be the best decision I have made in regards to the build. I have read a lot of threads where folks complain of decks moving and cracking after the first year.

So once I finish the grading off this week, I will have the concrete crew come out and pour the slab for flagstone base. I'm also going to install the fencing myself. I have 160 ft of iron railing I'm going to install. I found a local supplier and was a able to get all the materials for 1700.00. I'm sure I can install it in a weekend, should save me about 2k.

I also fully automated my Pro logic system myself. It cost me just under $600 and took about 3 hours to install myself. My pool builder wanted 3k to set this up for me. I can control everything from my Iphone and Ipad or any computer. The system works very well. The only downside I can find is that the app looks out dated but I'm able to do everything that I need to do. Turn on and off the spa, lights, filter, cleaner, ect. I would highly recommend this setup for anyone with the Aqua Logic or Pro Logic system, easy DIY project.

aql2-base-rf $78.00 new open box on Ebay
Aqua Connect 300.00 used on Ebay
(2) GVA-24 100.00 each new on Amazon

I'm hoping to have everything finished by the end of the year. I'm truly in no rush at this point. I will keep everyone posted as I finish things up.

finally Done!

Well the pool is finally done. I want to thanks everyone for all you help and advice. For the most part we are very happy with the final product, are yard created several challenges so we had to commit a lot of time and effort to retaining walls instead of bells and whistles. I going to add some pics but it is very hard for me to get good shots, the layout of my yard makes it difficult to capture in one pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 100
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.