First Full Summer...TFPC

Catching-up on your last few posts. So your CYA was 80, now around 50-60. You have now passed the OCLT (assuming clear water and no CCs). Losing 5-6 ppm FC each day is too much. If it's not organic, then it may now be time to raise that CYA up again. It's one of the two - algae or sun. I agree Pv2, it would be ideal to check that filter. After a while the sand gets compacted and develops channels. The water may seem to flow through it fine but isn't actually "filtering" through the layers of sand the way it was designed. Also, I didn't go back and look ... but do you have a light set into a niche? If so, did you already remove it and clean behind the light in that niche?
Hi Pat.. I got a new r-0013 reagent ... The last one i purchased from tfp last Aug.. Anyway my CYA went from 80-90 to 50-60 with the new reagent...??? The filter is only 3 years old and im positive its not dirty.. My last sand filter was 20 years old when i replaced it and never deep cleaned it. Had the bleed valve replaced on the new one last year and the sand was pristine.. So im gonna go with my 50-60 CYA .. And put my sock with one pound of granular to bring it up to 60-70... I'll get back to you.. The light niche is clean..Thx for responding.... Bob.. ...TFP....NOT!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.