First Ever Pool - Above ground bestway 4.2m slice of heaven

The white one is likely for suction and would use one of the valves between the pool and pump. The blue ones are likely return jets. You would have a pipe coming out of the filter and then the other valve and after that you would have the tee fitting and then 2 pipes to the 2 blue returns.

Thanks again Bridgman... :) Well its quarter past eight here in the morning... My youngest is already on the bus to school, my eldest is getting ready to head out the door for school as well, then quiet time... :) Dave is exhausted after an 11 hour drive yesterday, so I don't think we'll get too much done vis-à-vis the front yard today... We'll definitely head out there at some stage, but the rest now comes down to cash and time.... I caught up on all the housework yesterday, and now I've decided I want to replace the toilet in the boys bathroom....lol.... Always doing something.... :)

Doesn't the picture you just posted over here show you how the fittings and plumbing would work? Looks like a similar setup.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...-BESTWAY-pools?p=612296&viewfull=1#post612296

Yes, but the Bestway pool has two intakes and one return.... I don't think the intex has that.... I'm going to have to take the new liner out of the plastic and have a look... I really didn't want to do it, as it doesn't get set up till September, and I want to keep it clean, but its clear that I'll have too... :-(

- - - Updated - - -

The white one is likely for suction and would use one of the valves between the pool and pump. The blue ones are likely return jets. You would have a pipe coming out of the filter and then the other valve and after that you would have the tee fitting and then 2 pipes to the 2 blue returns.

Hi jblizzle, I thought the intex pools only had one intake and one return?? Most vids on youtube and photos on here show only one.....

I don't know much about the Intex pools, just stating what I would think they are for.

Interesting that I had not considered that the Bestway had 2 suction lines, but makes sense from a safety standpoint.

Ok, mystery solved... It has two intakes as per Australian regulations and one return.... :) Makes much more sense now.. :) Sorry to bother everyone so..... :)

Australia is super strict when it comes to pools.... We lose quite a few people each year to drowning in backyard pools, so safety around pools is really monitored... If you live in New South Wales (another state in Oz), you have to register your pool so the government can come and inspect it to make sure it wont kill anyone..... A.C.T (My state) is not so harsh....Except about pool fencing, that's strict everywhere..... There's more glass fencing around pools in Australia than anywhere in the world....

Now I've seen the plumbing, I know its the same set up as my old pool, so its time to buy some proper intake valves and remove those plastic tube things.... I'll get one when I order my Hayward skimmer, but I need to order another one from Hayward and that's harder than it sounds.... Or I could just go with intex as they're cheaper and I can screw things onto/into them... :)

If you are going to add a skimmer, I would suggest maybe re-purposing on of the 2 suction holes and make it a second return. So you would have 1 wall suction line and 1 skimmer suction line (should still be to code right? at least maybe as long as you can not isolate just the wall line by itself) and then 2 return jets to improve circulation .... just a thought.

Hey jb, I need two suction (intakes) so my autistic son, who like to explore things, doesn't get his fingers stuck....But you are right, have the skimmer would stop that from happening......An extra return would be lovely, but I can always cut another hole on the other side of the pool... :)

Samson can unscrew most things, hence why I want to plumb it with proper returns and 40mm pvc hose..... With stainless steel clamps to hold them on..... I don't want to hard plumb it, but I want really good hoses...

40mm pvc hose white by tiffnoy, on Flickr

Laceygirl

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Everything has slowed right down, Dave has hurt his back also.... I think after we got the pool and realised we couldn't put it up straight away, we don't seem that keen to do the work.... lol.... That's a sign that winter is on its way...We've got such a small amount left to do out the front, we might get it finished this weekend.... I can't put in the wood frame around the turf until I decide what I'm going to do with the fence.....

I've been watching some vids on the PoolSkim.... They look very similar to the Over The Wall skimmers that come with most intex pools... There's a couple of differences though, the PoolSkim operates on the return inlet, using the jet of water back into the pool to create a water vortex, and catch debris in a bag, whereas the OTW skimmer goes into the suction side of the pool and sucks the debris down into the filter or pool sock if you're smart......

Are they both as effective??? I'm still putting in a thru the wall skimmer in, but I already have two of these OTW skimmers so I was wondering if I could convert one to one that can be used on my return side, as the insides of both units are exactly the same... Just to see if it works....

Laceygirl....

I just became familiar with the poolskim this evening, and it's on my must have list now. Ive been doing a bit of reading and watching video of it too, + folks here swear by the thing, so it must work awsomely!

I bet OTW skimmer would work pretty well. Maybe not quite exactly but pretty well none the less.
I think it would be worth the effort to give it a go. If it works, great! If not, then at least you have not wasted a lot of money.

Thanks Divin Dave... :) Gonna give it a go, I've got a spare one so why not????

We are about to head back out into the front yard and finish it...... Dragging our ten year old and six year old out there with us today also.... :) Caught up on all the washing and housework over the last two days, so I'm going to drag the pool frame out and see where we stand re space... :)

Laceygirl...

Ok, we've done a loose mock up of the pool frame.... Wow this is going to be a tight squeeze... Plenty of room on either side but a tight squeeze lengthwise...

But still with wiggle room by tiffnoy, on Flickr

As you can see, I've had to pull up another row of pavers, that's doesn't concern me at all, I'm allowing for the support legs also... So I think we've made it just fit....

In this next pic, I've still got a little wiggle room to move it away from the fence, about 30 cm, but this photo shows I can't go any further towards the fence....

Tight Squeeze by tiffnoy, on Flickr

Turf should be done in the next two weeks.... The great news is, it looks like I'm not going to have to touch the fence at all... :) More money to spend on outdoor furniture... :)

Laceygirl...

Thanks Bridgman... :) We really got a lot done today... We've only got a tiny bit of grass to remove tomorrow and the yard is completely grass free...... The blue metal dust and my timber arrives next week, then I just have to decide which grass to buy... :)

Its Sunday morning here and I was hoping to get the rest of the yard done.... We are so close.....

All We Have Left To Do by tiffnoy, on Flickr

I can't believe we've done all this by hand... It has showed us that when we do the backyard with artificial turf, which is pretty big, we're getting a backhoe in to do the levelling...lol... :)

The Start Of The Blue Metal Dust by tiffnoy, on Flickr

The downside is, hubby has a sore back today, but we are going to see if we can get this done.... I don't think he'll get too much done, so I'll pick up the slack this time... :)

I'm already dreaming up the next area I want to fix.... :) Next year just before winter, I want to turn this area into a little spa getaway... :)

The Spa Area by tiffnoy, on Flickr

Another tight fit, but that's what I have to work with....

Laceygirl....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.