First algae bloom, first win, thx to TFP

z33tec

Jul 7, 2016
NY
So this is my second year with the pool and have never had any problems with it. Been using TFP method since day 1 and the water has always been crystal clear. The past few weeks have been lots of thunderstorms and rain. This caused me to neglect the pool a bit and not keep the FC high enough. When we went to swim last weekend, I opened the solar cover and saw smudges of algae on the bottom and cloudy water.

I immediately though, "Aha! This is what TFP has trained me for!" I immediately started SLAMing. Vacuumed first, then brushed, then raised FC. Since I caught it early I think, I passed the OCLT after the 2nd day. After that, the water was still a bit cloudy, so I double up the hairnets on the skimmer and added a little DE to the sand filter to assist with filtration. A few days later, crystal clear again!

Thanks TFP! :kim::swim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.