Long Island ny
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
The last two years a neighbor of ours lights off very elaborate and damaging fireworks and we end up having a lot of debris in our pool. We have what looks like gun powder in our pool, orange sand like material, that can only be taken out with the robot vacuum. Are there any dangerous side effects to what we are finding in our pool. Should we get metal remover chemicals? Are there any dangers to us and our young children?

Oh that sucks. Have you spoken with them? I love fireworks but would never use them where the neighbor has leftover stuff raining down into their pool. I would suggest he should pay for the cleanup as well.

Not sure what is in your pool but most likely metal based. Run the cleaner several times to remove as much as you can and clean the filter.

I used to light off my fireworks from my pool deck but my pool was getting all sorts of Crud from the fireworks in it so I stopped. I never saw any long-term issues other than cleaning the pool, however.

We had some wild shows a few times and the orange or grey mushy things were the packing clay / cardboard chunks.

It's likely harmless besides staining possibilities.

Late to the party but we have a similar neighbor. Every year I find some of the remnants in the pool - either the paper/cardboard or the stone looking hard pieces. I just fish them out and move on with life. 🤷‍♀️

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.