*Finished* Pool Build in Cape Haze peninsula SW Florida

Re: Pool Build in Cape Haze peninsula SW Florida

Thanks!
Getting tired of the pics yet? :)

Cage is done. Screen doors are in, the gutters are up.
IMG-20130729-00206.jpg

The guy is supposed to be here today to install the alarms. The inspection is tomorrow for pool electric. Once we pass that they will pump out the pool, seal the hole in the bottom, plaster it and start filling up.

Alarms are done. Pool electric/safety passed inspection. The bags of stone pearl / blue lagoon color was delivered today. I guess carolina blue is called blue lagoon now?

IMG-20130730-00211.jpg

IMG-20130730-00212.jpg

anyway, the grading was done. Poor guy got about half way into moving the pile of dirt when the sky opened up. Good thing his Kubota can run in the mud. what a mess. His cab is enclosed and air conditioned so he didn't seem to mind. He'll come back and finish the grade tomorrow. Tomorrow they are scheduled to do the interior and start to fill! :whoot:

I don't know about the color name change, but have seen pics of that CLI color somewhere. You say they are finishing and filling in one day? Are thy not going to do an acid wash then fill? Nice finish choice by the way...that isn't a cheap one for sure.

EDIT: I find Stone Pearl as a color but nothing by the name of Carolina or Blue Lagoon. Stone Pearl color is most definitely not blue. Are you getting two colors, or maybe that's a dye or something? I thought all of CLI's stuff was pre-blend.

The Blue Lagoon (Carolina Blue) color is mixed in with the Stone Pearl. They do the acid wash and then plaster. Well, at least I guess that is what they *did*. :lol:

We came home to this today: :cheers:

(yes it rained like mad again today)
IMG-20130731-00222.jpg

Notice the pump on the other side of the cage pumping out the water from around the shell.

Filling up!
IMG-20130731-00218.jpg

IMG-20130731-00220.jpg

Weird way to place the accent tiles but I guess under water I won't notice it.
IMG-20130731-00221.jpg

Brushpup said:
Nice finish choice by the way...that isn't a cheap one for sure.
We paid $530 extra for the finish over the standard colors. Not terribly bad. The one we first went with was Caribbean Blue and was $850-ish more than standard. Its a deeper blue color. very nice but I think this is good.

It's just about done. Maybe another hour. They're doing the startup. Should be dumping in acid today and starting the pump then they'll come tomorrow most likely and balance the water. Mainly because its 'free' (factored into the cost of the pool so why not get my money's worth?) After that, it is BBB.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

GREAT job Alan!!! Looks awesome... Sooooo, did you ever paint the front of the house? ::epds::

Brushpup said:
Well, you've waited a long time for your own pool, how you liking it so far? I'd be giddy, hope you are too.
You know, my wife is happy. I'm already on to the next project. :lol: I think it came out way better than I imagined. Reading back from the beginning and seeing how it looked and than all that rain. To have it turn out like this, well, I'm Loving it!

Charlie_R said:
Love it!

If it was mine, I'd say it was worth the wait and aggravation.

Beautiful pool, and great job by the PB!
Thanks! PB said it was a challenge. Guy who was here yesterday to do the startup said, "Is this the one where it always rained?" I guess we're infamous or maybe notorious. :poke:

imrodee said:
GREAT job Alan!!! Looks awesome... Sooooo, did you ever paint the front of the house? ::epds::
Umm uhhh :-D No not yet. Wife calmly and perfunctory said something to the effect of "The heck with this! We're waiting for the humidity to break sometime in October." :mrgreen:

I agreed. But lots of other projects we can do. Have to landscape around the cage, maybe curbing, still working on my bbq island plan, outdoor speakers, lighting. :hammer:

You know what they say... "If a man says he'll do it.... there is no need to remind him every 6 months about it." :blah: (Besides, who's gonna look at paint when you've got that beautiful pool?)

Yes, you are right about the ongoing projects!!! I didn't think about about all the "extra's" that go along with the pool. :snorkle:

You know what they say... "If a man says he'll do it.... there is no need to remind him every 6 months about it." :blah: (Besides, who's gonna look at paint when you've got that beautiful pool?)

Yes, you are right about the ongoing projects!!! I didn't think about about all the "extra's" that go along with the pool. :snorkle:

imrodee said:

The only thing holding me back would be the budget. Have to spend wisely. Planting around the pool cage would be best to do now before the grass/weeds start to creep back in. It looks like sand now but the weeds around here don't seem to care. :?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.