Jun 9, 2021
Ridgefield, CT
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Friends at Troublefreepool:

I recently bought a house with a pool and have some questions about my pool mechanical systems:
(1) I have a Triton II sand filter and cannot figure out where the backwash discharge exits. I have attached two photos to show my system. Note that in photo 2 the valve exit below the handle is closed. I have looked for a buried discharge pipe exit and there doesn't seem to be one.
(2) I want to vacuum the pool and have the waste water coming from the vacuum bypass the filter entirely.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Infrastructure 1.jpg
    Infrastructure 1.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Infrastructure 2.jpg
    Infrastructure 2.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 15
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Your WASTE discharge looks to be the white pipe.

Once you place the MPV to WASTE, you'll want to make sure that red handle valve is open to allow water to go out that while pipe. Where it goes from there we can't tell form the photo. Buries to a sewer to simply out to the yard somewhere?

Pat:

Thanks for your response. I switched the filter to waste and opened the red valve and ran the pump for a while but did not see where it discharges. My yard slopes away from the pool mechanicals and the white pipe goes into a concrete footing along with two other pipes which appear to be the feed from the pool and the feed back to the pool. I don't understand why the plumber would have gone to the lengths of sending the pipe where it goes rather than letting it discharge to the right which is downhill.

I don't understand why the plumber would have gone to the lengths of sending the pipe where it goes rather than letting it discharge to the right which is downhill.
That is odd. Not sure if there is a drain of some sort or sewer access in that area. Do you have anyone you can ask like a previous owner, city/water district perhaps?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.