Finally shopping for a new pump/motor

Well, I'm committed (finally)! Also, I wasn't working for 5 minutes before running into a problem. :brickwall:

They used sch80 pipe for the threaded sections, which makes sense of course, but I didn't think about it earlier. That means my sch40 insert fitting is too big! It also means I have to cut out the valve and replace it :grrrr: I can't find a sch80 insert fitting online, and the inner diameter would be getting really small anyway. So, I'm without a pump until I can get a new 3-way valve. At least I get to relax a little on my Saturday though!

One question: any go-to ideas for how to remove the paint from the existing pipes? I believe it's just outdoor latex spraypaint. I've got some ideas, but if there's a tried and true method I'd love to hear it.

DSCN7368.jpg

DSCN7370.jpg

I feel better about not knowing now that I see (implied) how some people know... .

LOL

Part of what threw me is that I didn't notice until now that the black part had a lip - and that the T-with the black pipe wasn't coming out of whatever it is sitting on. I was trying to figure out what that giant "tank" was - (?table?) thinking it was where the pipe originated! I was overthinking it and not paying attention at the same time!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.