Finally my DIY pool in Gonzales, Louisiana

Nice pool! Question though... why did you put the pool so close to your shed? My OCD would not allow that! LOL I think it would drive me crazy. Especially so near the steps. After a few beers I'd be prone to drive the mower in on accident! LOL

That's my old shop which is 16x22. I'm adding a 16x10 patio onto the front of it and converting the old shop to our poolhouse/outdoor kitchen. Several years ago in preparation for this pool(pool planned years ago) I built a 40x50 shop then have added 21x35 off the front to store a RV and Boat. So I believe I am covered for a lawn mower shed. Awaiting quotes for work we need done and will get to working on the poolhouse and other work.

Todd

Nice pool! Question though... why did you put the pool so close to your shed? My OCD would not allow that! LOL I think it would drive me crazy. Especially so near the steps. After a few beers I'd be prone to drive the mower in on accident! LOL

Yes this shed will be transformed into the pool house. Actually currently there is about 12' between the shed and pool. But in the next few days you will see tha addition to the shed and start of the pool house.

Well I'm way past due for an update. Pool is all finished and enjoying it. But back to work and now we are working on the pool house. As you can see by the pictures we are adding a covered patio onto the front of it. 10x22 addition to the front, rewired inside, added a bathroom and kitchen area, insulated and sheet rock hung. Moving right along.

I really like that brick. The way everything is going to be tied in will look really nice. I bet the pool house is going to get a lot of use. That's a phase 2 project for us (unless you call landscape phase 2 and then its phase 3). Your pool looks so refreshing. -Karen

Had some good progress this week. Cabinets were installed. Base, crown, doors and trim were installed and painters started prepping for painting. And today the brick layers were back to do the front of the building and columns. Moving right along.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So where to start. Lets see. Paint I guess. Got all the inside painted except the floors. I'll do that last after all other work is completed.

ToddsIphoneFeb2015004.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good Todd! My Buddy lives on Hwy 44 in Gonzales. I love it down there man, it's really beautiful country.

Who lives on Hwy 44? I'm not far off of it.

Next we got the granite top installed. St. Celia is the color. It was a left over piece from a friends outdoor kitchen top. So we actually built the cabinets to fit the top(alittle pre planning). Afterwards we had the travertine back splash and tiles in bathroom installed.

Since I wasn't planning on doing much vinyl siding I didn't put much in the budget for it. But you know contractors. They can't take anything out with out destroying stuff. So the tore up the siding to install a new hotel room type air conditioner/heater on one side of the building. So I removed the siding off both sides. Removed the damaged siding from one side and replaced it with the siding from the opposite side. The A/C side is the non seen side so I used the old stuff that was on the walls already and bought a box of new stuff to replace the side that will be seen the most. Added the white under the overhangs and new addition. Currently still have a little left to cover the fascia boards, trim around windows and doors.

So at about this point which was weeks prior to Christmas we started calling the electrician to come out and start doing his work. I think we called for two weeks before he finally showed up to do any work. He is completely overworked. He is currently working by himself and has 10+ houses to wire and hang all electrical fixture for. So he comes out and hangs all fixtures, does all interior wiring connections and a few outside light fixtures and the outside fan. He had exactly two hours of work(for a experienced electrician) remaining when it started raining. So he stopped working because what he had left was outside panel connections and a little work on the back side by the pool equipment. He left and has never showed back up again. He answered a few phone calls and then nothing. Until last week when we took it upon our selves to finish the remainder of electric work. I'll get some pictures of that added later after everything is cleaned up and complete.

- - - Updated - - -

So during the wait for the electrician we had the fence installed and had some dirt work done(more to come later). Really love how it came out. White 6' vinyl surrounding the pool with 4' black aluminum fence under the open carport so we could see into the pool area from the kitchen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.