Finally got Full test results.

That is precisely the reason. No doubt. That's ok though. Little by little you can get the CYA down. Understanding is the most important part of what we teach, and no one is born knowing all this. Seems like you are doing fine in that department. Over and over we see this exact problem. High CYA. You'll see it too, and start to understand why we get so frustrated with Pool Store/Service advice.

I just tested using the dilution method. Im reading a cya of 140. This is after replacing 6-8 inches of water in my 23,000 pool. I don't have an accurate reading before the water replacer. So obviously I need to replace much more water. I just hope I don't run out of reagent before I get out where it needs to be. Uhhgg this is sooo fun.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

+1 what pwrstrck said. You do not need to test CYA any further. You know where you are (140) so just use PoolMath to set your goal and it will tell you how much to replace.

- - - Updated - - -

And my target should be what? 30, 40?
"ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" should give you that answer in Pool School.

I would shoot for 40 and if you find you need more protection of your FC raise it to 50. The sun is a big consumer of FC along with bather load etc. It's easy to add CYA, a real PITA to lower as you have found out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've probably dropped 50-60% out and refilled so far but I understand that because I'm doing it in small parts, I'm diluting the present water with high CYA so it won't be as exact as dumping 77% at once and refilling. I'm getting there. My wife is gonna be hot when we get the water bill haha. I'm sure it'll be over the standard usage amount. Oh well, you got to pay to play. I should know this from playing with my hotrods throughout the years.

I had water trucked in for my nothing 13,500 gal and it was 530 bucks. I'm on a well also but didn't want to stress the well pump too much. Not sure how old it is. Trucking water was cheaper than replacing burned out well pump. ?

Psshh...I put two hoses in that sucker and let er rip. let me tell you though, That pump running to waste pumps WAAAYYYY faster than my hoses can refill. haha Literally dropped about 6-8 inches in 20-25 minutes from my 23K gal pool. its like a Fire hose spraying out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.