Finally connecting light after 3 years.

All my bonding wires are attached to the exterior of each piece of equipment with a bonding lug.

In AZ, you can use a split bolt to connect two copper wires or you can install two colocated bonding lugs on the same equipmemt to accommodate the additional wire.

Appreciate the information -- Are you guys considering that the pool light jbox is classified as equipment?

The pool light itself is tied to the Equipotential Bonding Grid (EBG) via the rear lug of the niche and an approved connector, the pump is tied to EBG via the bonding lug on the pump to a section of EBG wire using an approved connector. City inspector looked at this during inspections.

That jbox needs to be tied into the bonding grid.

City inspectors miss stuff...... Like the member who posted earlier about his pool having a single main drain, instead of two to be VGB compliant.

Yes. I know inspectors miss things.

I had an old niche from a 2nd light that got nixed during my installation. I just found it to look at it. The lug on the inside (that has the #8AWG heading up to my jbox) and the lug on the outside of the niche (that is connected to the EBG - rebar structure) are essentially one piece/connected through the body of the niche, therefore, when I connect the #8AWG in the jbox it will be tied into the bonding grid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.