Filter sand being shot into pool

Salpal

Jul 28, 2017
Tresckow, PA
Hey!

I opened up my pool last week and almost immediately noticed a brown cloud being shot from my return every time I turned the pump on and now there is clearly pool filter sand on the bottom of my pool.

I plugged everything up and started draining the filter today to inspect the laterals and replace the sand but I guess I just wanted to make this post to see if there's anything else I should look out for. Like what if the laterals are fine? Is there anything else that can cause this?
It's been a good 5 years since the last sand replacement so it's definitely time for that at least.

This is likely not your issue but for any noobs out there like me..I was getting brown water shot into my pool whenever I started my pump up and realized TODAY I had never backwashed my filter in the 10 or so months I've had the pool up and running o_O. It was about a solid minute of chocolate milk coming out of the waste port....then another 30 seconds before it looked clear enough for me to switch to rinse, then back to filter. I will likely be doing the deep clean procedure just to try and counteract my ignorance/neglect :p. I'll bet the cloudiness will clear up now as well...

• Haha
Reactions: TKpoolOH
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.