Filter pump recommendations for bestway 15'x36" steel pro

Stang Guy

Jun 20, 2016
Long Island, NY
I had an intex 1000 pump that just recently stopped working. I'm currently using the 530 pump that came with the pool kit. I want something better but don't want to spend a lot. I was looking at the intex 1500 but wasn't sure if i'd need adapter fittings and larger hoses? My pool has 2 inlets and 1 outlet. The inlets Tee into 1 then go into the pump and 1 out. I believe they're 1 1/4" hoses.

Or maybe I should just get another intex 1000.

I have an 18'x48" coleman pool, basically a bigger version of what you have. In the next month or so I'm gonna be replacing my dinky little stock filter pump with this Hayward from Amazon: Hayward C4001575XES Easy-Clear 1-Horsepower Pump Pool Filter System. It's about $100 more than the Intex sand filter pump, but has a 1hp pump vs intex's 3/4 hp. Not sure if the standard 1-1/4" hoses will impede the faster water flow, but I'll be hard plumbing my pool using 2" PVC for 90% of it, and reducing to 1-1/2" for the inlet and return holes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.