Filter pump losing suction

Fishy,

Yep... Sounds like the typical weir stuck up failure mode.

The pump should not be able to suck more water out of the skimmer basket than can fall in from the pool. If the weir basket is stuck up, it keeps the water from quickly getting into the skimmer basket and the pump starves for water.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Fishy1234
Fishy,

The pump should not be able to suck more water out of the skimmer basket than can fall in from the pool. If the weir basket is stuck up, it keeps the water from quickly getting into the skimmer basket and the pump starves for water.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Fishy,

Thanks,

Jim R.
Ok thank you. Unfortunately my parts wont arrive until next week, so ill probably put it in service mode until then, and manually start it when I am home. Otherwise it might burn up the pump while away.

Ok thank you. Unfortunately my parts wont arrive until next week, so ill probably put it in service mode until then, and manually start it when I am home. Otherwise it might burn up the pump while away.
Just run the system without the floating weir until the correct one arrives. Probably 50% of the pools I visit don't even have a weir. Pool will filter, just not skim. Not a big issue for a short while.

Just run the system without the floating weir until the correct one arrives. Probably 50% of the pools I visit don't even have a weir. Pool will filter, just not skim. Not a big issue for a short while.
I understand. and considered doing that but we are starting to get falling Ieafs in the pool, and id rather pick them out of the skimmer basket instead of the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.