Filter Pressure with SWG

Any reason I shouldn't try Spa-Kem Spa Foam Inhibitor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. None of these things are necessary if you keep a properly chlorinated pool and don't add unnecessary things like phosphate removers and algaecides.

Generally what we advocate is testing your pool accurately and only adding what is needed. A good test kit is indeed an out of pocket expense but nothing compared to randomly throwing chemicals in your pool without knowing why.

So am I correct in understanding that you are no longer adding any of those chemicals and the last time any of those chemicals were added was about 3 weeks ago?

Well, part of the problem is some of those chemicals contain clarifiers in them (Swimming Pool Perfect + PhosFree, Algaecides, etc). So you may have inadvertently overdosed your water with clarifiers as well. Clarifiers, and flocculants, have very specific concentration ranges they work in. When they are added in excess of their working concentrations they can actually cause cloudiness to develop. It sounds like the foaming starts with the spa sucking in air (if I read your other thread right). I wonder if the air line has some "contaminated" water in it (it's always possible to get a little water in the air line) and the junk is just getting sucked back in overtime the spa kicks in....maybe possible.

I know it's not what anyone wants to hear, but you may just need to tough it out for a while. Run the spa (not in spillover mode) and increase the FC levels there to try to oxidize whatever it is causing the issue. The excess clarifier might will just have to be cleared out over time through filtration. Your filter seems to be loading up very quickly so it could just take a couple of cycles of letting the filter load up and then cleaning them off really well. That large garbage pail for soaking all the filters at once is probably a really good idea at this point.

Have you tried TSP (trisodium phosphate) as your filter cleaner or are you using an over-the-counter product? I find TSP works best because I can control the dosage whereas you never really know what's in those filter cleaners. As a very, very, very last resort, you might need to use something like Ahh-some's Pool Filter Cleaner - Ahh-Some for Pool/Tub Filter - Ahh-Some Water Cleanser for Your Pool, Hut Tub, Jet Bath, Swim Spa and Washing Machine

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.