Filter pressure on Jandy 340CV

May 14, 2016
Miami
Installed an AquaCal heat pump and pressure on filter shows about an 8 psi increase. Usually run 10 psi clean filter, 18 dirty filter, now runs at 25psi , almost 30 psi spa mode. Cleaned filter didn't drop significantly. Ideas?

Jandy 340CV, 4 (85ft^2) cartridge filters at 340ft^2 total. I installed it myself minus the electrical. Just got off the phone with AquaCal and sent pictures of my setup. He thinks its a non issue and caused by my plumbing which is the only option given its location. He said I might consider increasing the diameter of the pipe but then started talking about head pressure and I got lost. He said the only downside was more wear and tear on the pump but the florida weather will be 90% of my pump wear. He thought my 2hp one speed pump was a little too much for the setup and suggested a variable speed next time. 16.5 PSI with or without filters in place. Spa mode runs around 23 PSI, don't recall it being different than pool mode before.
The pressure readings in above post were inaccurate possibly due to a clogged breather screen in filter. So the pressure is down somewhat.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.