Filter pressure gauge

how long do yours last?
Really depends. Some last years, others only a season or two. Not all products created equal. Not sure you can get items from tftestkits.net mailed to you, but the link is below. They are glycerin filled gauges and built quite well.

I've been installing glycerine gauges last few years and can't get more then a season or two at best if they're left out in the winter but the typical non glycerine ones can be left out without damage and last.

I've been installing glycerine gauges last few years and can't get more then a season or two at best if they're left out in the winter but the typical non glycerine ones can be left out without damage and last.
My experience has been just the opposite. Since I purchased a glycerine gauge several years ago, I have never had to replace it. The non-glycerine didn't last very long.

It appears there is a wide variety of the Glycerin-Filled Gauges' life spans. With mine, the failure mode is usually the same; not reading Zero with Pump Off (after trying the "Bleed" Orfice opened).

I haven't seen a correlation of failure with cold winter weather. After a very hard long duration freeze/Snow/Ice event in the Dallas area, the Gauge that was installed at that time remained installed outside & lasted another ~2 Yrs.

Here's my history with these Gauges:

4-16-15 1st Glycerin-Filled 0-30 PSI Rear Mount Gauge : DuraChoice PB254B-030 Lasted 1.7 Yrs

1-26-17 2nd Gauge (same model Gauge until the last one replaced) Lasted 10 Mo

12-14-17 3rd Gauge Lasted 4.5 Yrs

7-12-22 4th Gauge : Installed another brand Glycerin-Filled 0-30 PSI Bottom Mount Gauge : Winters PFQ802. Still working after 1.3 Yrs

Average Gauges life spans : 1.8 per year

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.