Filter necessary?

Water, especially in an Intex pool is a dicey thing. Unlike a solid item, it can shift easily. You can have the strongest deck supports in the world, but if you eccentric loadings that you did not account for, then the whole mess is going over to the side.

I assume this is an attached deck (not free standing). That helps - a bit. But then it also means that if it goes over, its taking the rim joist of your house with it as well.

Honestly, i would not put a pool on a deck that was not specificaly designed for it. Heck, I would not even put a hot tub on a deck that was not designed for it. There are factors or safety that are built into all correctly designed construction. All you need is that "perfect storm" combination of people on the deck, people in the pool, wind loadings, and one twisted support and then the lawn will be the least of your worries.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.