Filter Help

jeffdanger2

Jun 25, 2023
NJ
Have a Doughboy Aquaview 20" sand filter that started leaking this year at the bolt on the bottom of the filter that holds the center support inside the filter in place. Replaced bolt washer gasket with new but still leaks. Hole on bottom of filter looks good-no cracks evident. Anyone else experience this and have a solution? May still be under warranty since it's only 8 years old so maybe dealer will provide a replacement tank. Loosing about 2" of water weekly.

Thanks for any help offered.

Have a Doughboy Aquaview 20" sand filter that started leaking this year at the bolt on the bottom of the filter that holds the center support inside the filter in place. Replaced bolt washer gasket with new but still leaks. Hole on bottom of filter looks good-no cracks evident. Anyone else experience this and have a solution? May still be under warranty since it's only 8 years old so maybe dealer will provide a replacement tank. Loosing about 2" of water weekly.

Thanks for any help offered.
Possible warranty. From their website:

FEATURES​

• Uses #20 grade Silica Sand
  • AquaView’s superior sand system combines better filtration with easy-to-use operation. AquaView™ – clearly the best!
  • Seven Position Rotary Valve
  • 360° Peripheral Underdrain System – no lateral fingers to break
  • Integrated filter tank/pump base included. Separate bases also available
  • Special 10 Year Limited Warranty on Filter Tank

Thanks for the replys--turns out there was a small crack right along the seam by the center bolt. Went to pool store where I purchased pool and filter in 2015-they checked with Doughboy and they do have a limited warranty for 10 years. I got a 35% credit on purchase of a new tank (7-10 years is 65/35), which listed for slightly over $300 so got for around $200 plus shipping. Not horrible but not great--still less than cost of new filter and should give me another 8 years hopefully.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.