Filled and setup pool, but no test kit until weds =( Add Chlorine now?

ninjajim4

May 25, 2023
chicago
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hi all,

Was hyperfocused on getting this pool level and situated and didn't give any thought to chemicals until now. I ordered the Taylor K-2005 test kit, after doing some research I also ordered a salt water generator, but neither will come until Wednesday. Also have CYA coming tomorrow. Is it ok to hold off until I have some known parameters or is there some "safe" dose of chlorine to put in an untreated pool to hold over until then? Thank you!

Add 3 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine each day.
Add 30 ppm CYA worth of dry stabilizer using the sock method.

When you get your kit (you need to change that to a K2006C or buy the K1515C separately) run a full set of tests.

Add 3 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine each day.
Add 30 ppm CYA worth of dry stabilizer using the sock method.

When you get your kit (you need to change that to a K2006C or buy the K1515C separately) run a full set of tests.
Thank you very much for the info, both for the chlorine/CYA stopgap and for the kit! I've amended the order now and next stop is the PoolMath app =)

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.