Fill water ch test

It means your fill water has very low levels of calcium. Does this fill water come from a water softener? Is it municipal water or well water?

I don't know the TF-100 instructions well enough but if you are using a 10ml water sample, that equates to 25ppm/drop of R-0012. You could use a 25mL water sample to get 10ppm/drop or, if you have a large enough glass beaker, you could use a 50mL water sample to get 5ppm/drop. You would need to double the amounts of R-0010 added (20 drops for a 25mL sample and 40 drops for a 50mL sample) and use enough drops of R-0011L to get an easily visible color.

Municipal water. The water hardness is around 10 which is very high. I do have a water softener for my home, but the outside faucet are not suppose to be connected to the softener.

10 what? Grains per gallon? Milligrams per liter? What are the units of measure? Is that total hardness (TH) or specifically calcium hardness (CH)?

I'd double check that your external lines are on a separate loop.

My reply from the County was 9-13 grains per gallon. I don't know if that is CH or total hardness. I would assume that it is total hardness though since the question to them was what is the water hardness not specifically CH.

That would be about 150-220ppm. The majority of it would likely be calcium. The easiest way to test this would be to run the CH test with and without the R-0010 reagent as the R-0010 reagent's purpose is to precipitate out magnesium.

You should retest your water from whatever spigot you use to fill the pool. That much CH should be easily detectable. If you are still getting low CH then you might see if you can get a water sample from before the water softener input. If you detect the CH there but not at the spigot, then your spigot has been plumbed as part of the softened water loop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.