Silver Supporter
Jul 5, 2023
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just curious if anyone has had their fiberglass pool repaired or is a fiberglass repair person.

I had mine fixed this week and im still concerned that it was not gelcoated correctly. I will try to get a picture added asap.

the middle of the repair seems to match better than the ring. anyways it looks better than a crack but im not happy right now

Attachments

• masked pool.jpg
    masked pool.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 40
  • pool 2.jpg
    pool 2.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
FG repairs can be made to look much better. The contractor had no paint skills.

FG repairs can be made to look much better. The contractor had no paint skills.
that was my feeling. I even sat there with the pool contractor and told them I dont like the way it looks. The reply I got was It needs to take some time to fade and match.

I even text them the next day and told them I wasnt happy with it and they continue to say give it some time

the part that makes me more mad is that this pool was just useable in june and they didnt fix the problem that they tried to fix with they cracked the pool

You don’t say wait and let it fade in on fiberglass boat repairs or Corvettes.

That is a hope that you will forget about it and stop bothering them. They don’t know how to fix it.

You don’t say wait and let it fade in on fiberglass boat repairs or Corvettes.

That is a hope that you will forget about it and stop bothering them. They don’t know how to fix it.
I agree. I even brought up my dads corvette doesnt have rings like that when his glass got cracked. good thing I still owe them some money

So they were fixing another problem when THEY made the crack?
yes the pool was put in last fall then sat all winter for a spring finish the pool had settled about 1/2 inch in the one corner so the tator tots decided to use their skid steer with forks to lift up on the pool and hit the pool. Didnt tell me they did it and then poured the concrete patio around it so now its locked in. so the pool wasnt lifted up, a crack was put in my pool, and now its surrounded by concrete.

im telling you this has been an absolute nightmare for me. Ive kept my cool so far but ive been rubbed raw now. I still dont even rough grade finished around the pool.

i told them I wasnt ok with a repaired new pool that I hadnt used yet. they told me that I wasnt getting a new pool and if I wanted monetary compensation we can go through litigation so i guess if he wants to play games its time to play

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
nope No idea how to "shop" for a lawyer. Do you know anyone that has sued someone in the past? Any friends with lawyer friends?

I just did a search and found this:

Yes I just reached out to a lawyer friend and he gave me someone to contact tomorrow. I will start there. Im going to check out your link as well thanks you kimkats

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.