LifeTime Supporter
Jan 18, 2013
Liverpool, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, I have searched the forum and read similar articles, but haven't found the answer to this. I noticed the other day that there was a chalky residue the sides of my white fiberglass pool. When you rub your hand over it, it stirs up in to a milky cloud. It is very fine, you can't really feel it with your hand. I gave it a very good brushing two days ago, and the pool is now a little cloudy, but there is no longer any residue on the sides. All the other numbers are in line with recommendations on here. I may just be impatient, but i let the filter run over night and it hasn't cleared up. I have cleaned the cartridge a few times, and it appears that it is catching some of the particles as its milky colored water when i rinse it, but, i was hoping it would have cleared faster (back to my impatience) . Should I just keep at it, or is there a way to help my cartridge filter catch finer particles?

FC - 6
CC - 0
Ph - 7.4
TA - 80
CYA - 40/50

Thanks in advance!
Rick

Rick, you didn't post your CH, but what you are describing sounds like calcium, although unless it's very new you wouldn't think it would just rub-off easily by hand. Humm. :confused: . The only other thing I can think of that would cause some white residue would be dead algae, but I would think that should fall to the floor and you would have had to do a pretty big SLAM recently for that. I'm currently removing some tough scale from my shell and it's exactly as you described, with the exception of rubbing by hand. I'm using wet/dry sandpaper. :grrrr: If it is calcium dust of some type, it will take a lot of filtering. My water is clouding-up very fast when I work on it and it takes several rinses for my small single cartridge filter. Eventually it will all get removed, but could take a while.

Those are my thoughts. Maybe someone else has another angle. Have a nice day.

Thank you ! I will have to run the calcium test, i don't run that one as often as the others. It is definitely not hard, and wipes off very easily. I haven't had to slam at all since i found this site. Maybe i will just have to be patient, which is not my specialty!!!
Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.