Fiberglass plunge pool in TN

MDT

Jun 16, 2023
Knoxville, TN
Hello, My back yard is tiny and sloped. We only have about 25 feet behind our house to our fence with a drop of around 4 feet. I am thinking strongly about a 16 X 10 or 16 X 8 FG pool with heater and of course a retaining wall, which I think will be rebar concrete structural. We have not built or had a pool before so many questions and things to learn. We have gas to the house in a decent location to the pool, but with such a small pool like Milan Rectangular Fiberglass Plunge Pool | Latham Pool maybe just an electric, not a heat pump heater would work? I would like to have an extended pool season. We also have occasional single digit cold spells in winter.

Hello, My back yard is tiny and sloped. We only have about 25 feet behind our house to our fence with a drop of around 4 feet. I am thinking strongly about a 16 X 10 or 16 X 8 FG pool with heater and of course a retaining wall, which I think will be rebar concrete structural. We have not built or had a pool before so many questions and things to learn. We have gas to the house in a decent location to the pool, but with such a small pool like Milan Rectangular Fiberglass Plunge Pool | Latham Pool maybe just an electric, not a heat pump heater would work? I would like to have an extended pool season. We also have occasional single digit cold spells in winter.
Is there a reason you want an electric heater over gas? Usually the gas is less expensive to operate.

Is there a reason you want an electric heater over gas? Usually the gas is less expensive to operate.
Not a strong reason, but just considering options since I don't know what all would be involved in the gas hookup. Our gas line enters the house maybe 25 feet from the likely location of the pool equipment pad. The that is between 25 to 40 feet from the planned site of the pool. We have had a spa before, and I have also considered putting in a few spa jets in a seat area. My breaker box is centered in our house in the garage that is on a slab with 1 level. Therefore, likely a bit of a job to run the power through the attic over to the pool equipment.

Not a strong reason, but just considering options since I don't know what all would be involved in the gas hookup. Our gas line enters the house maybe 25 feet from the likely location of the pool equipment pad. The that is between 25 to 40 feet from the planned site of the pool. We have had a spa before, and I have also considered putting in a few spa jets in a seat area. My breaker box is centered in our house in the garage that is on a slab with 1 level. Therefore, likely a bit of a job to run the power through the attic over to the pool equipment.
Ideally the equipment pad is close to where your gas meter is so you don’t need to trench as far if you can’t run the gas line above ground. Might be able run gas/electric line above ground as well?

We met with Campbells Pool builder and have some ideas of locating the equipment close to the gas meter, and I favor a Gas heater. The pool is only 2,500 gallons, therefore the equipment will be significantly more capable than needed. I will have to determine if there could be any problems with right sizing the output of the pump, heater, SWG, filters, plumbing, etc with this small in ground FG pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.