Feedback Wanted - New pool build (plans attached)

I will look into more returns for sure. Glad yall are learning me here!

Melt, well I dont have much to go on with the cantilever coping, other than google and several PB's I got quotes from. I would say between both its about 50/50 from my research on cost, holding up, chipping, effects from salt water, etc.. Then others have said if you do it, pour that and the deck in seperate pours so that if shifting happens it wont affect coping, which may result in more cost from concrete guy, dunno. I am going to talk to my concrete guy tonight. But I dont know the real truth, so it kinda scares me. Last thing I want is a headache down the road, but man it looks great! I have also read MANY disasters on salt and flagstone, wow. I guess I just havent found anyone that said "I have had salt and cantilever coping for xx years and its still perfect". Wish I could.

Friends recommended the polaris w/ booster, but they all have 18x36 ish pools. What you say makes sense, I will look into that as well. Whats a good robot?

I will load up on umbrella anchors, it was mentioned to me that I may not want them in the deck where you walk, because you cant walk under the umbrella without ducking, but where I will have lounge chairs it would be great to have them in those areas.

bk406 said:
ctfortner said:
I guess I just havent found anyone that said "I have had salt and cantilever coping for xx years and its still perfect". .

I've had salt and cantilever coping (limestone, kinda soft) for 4 years and no issues. I really wouldn't worry about the cantilever and salt. It's a non issue, IMO.

:), great. You have any pics, would love to see it. Friend of mine was telling me if he could do his deck over he would use limestone vs pea gravel. I actually am getting a great deal on stained/scored concrete ($4.25/ft concrete/labor/material), so thats the route I was thinking. But then I have to seal it I think. I am going to see if they can/will mix the stain on the truck so it will be all the way through.

I said deck, not coping. He has bullnose coping with washed pea gravel, at least round here we call it that. He said he likes the look of washed limestone. So I assumed u meant u had a washed limestone to

Wow, ok this has gotten overly complicated. My bad, i guess the proper term is exposed aggregate pea gravel. Down here everyone calls it "washed" vs "broomed".

like this

brown-aggregate-new-england-hardscapes-inc_399.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.