Feedback on design.

Looks relatively straight-forward. A couple notes:

I'm not quite sure how those stairs are supposed to work? I don't see them at all on the 3D render, those loungers go straight to the edge of the main body of the pool.

Also, since I was just there, you might want to check this thread regarding the lights and your stairs. There's no lights pointed at your stairs, and they're recessed behind the plane that all the lights are on, so they might be dark.

Additional note regarding placement: Are you happy with where it's placed relative to the house? I'm assuming the exit from the house is under the covered area. Easy access to the spa, but the stairs are all the way on the other side.

KCNM - thanks for the feedback. The person who put the design in pool studio did not include the steps. I was thinking of two steps that run the length of the tanning ledge. In regards to the placement, our back door is going to be in line with the skimmer on the bottom right. I wanted the spa to be close to the door for those chilly nights. We have plenty of room in the yard (left side) of the house which is why the pool isn't perfectly centered with the house. This placement will give us the most usable deck between the house and pool.

In regards to steps, ANSI maximum is 12" rise. If you're intending a 12" water depth on the tanning ledge, you 'll need a step there, as it will exceed a 12" step down to the tanning ledge as your water line tile will be several inches below the top of the deck. Additionally, you'll need an extra step into the pool, as 2 steps + tanning ledge depth won't get you to 3 1/2' depth. Making these changes will make it much more comfortable regardless, as a 12" step isn't comfortable for most adults, and poses a bigger problem for kids.

D,

You might want to get a much larger filter.. Like a CCP 420 or 520.. The larger the filter the less often they need to be cleaned.

I have an EasyTouch with ScreenLogic and love it.. But.. if I were building a new pool today, I'd go with the newer IntelliCenter.

Thanks,

Jim R.

What’s the difference between the Easytouch and IntelliCenter?

D,

The EasyTouch (ET) has a max of 12 programs/schedules.. The IntelliCenter has a max of 100
The ET has a black and yellow 3" alphanumeric display. The IntelliCenter has a larger color touchscreen display, just like your phone..
The ET is a what you have is what you get system. The IntelliCenter, can get software updates, just like your PC, over the internet.
The ET does not have the ability to combine several commands into one operation. The IC does...
The ET needs ScreenLogic if you want to use your phone or PC.. The IC comes with an internal ScreenLogic-like system.
The ET, with ScreenLogic, is almost the same price as an IC.

All that said, I have three pools and three EasyTouch systems and love them.. All my pools are very simple saltwater pools, IntelliFlo Pumps, IC40 SWGS... There is just not enough gain to offset the cost for me to upgrade to the IntelliCenter. If I had a complex pool with all kinds of lights, pumps, and water features, it might make sense to upgrade, but not for a simple pool. But, if building a new pool, it would make sense to get the newest system.

Either will work just fine..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Darkrider- what would you recommend for the water depth on the tanning ledge?

Jim - good call out on the larger filter. What’s the difference between the Easytouch and Intellicenter?
The 12" is fine, if that's what you're after. It's really an individual preference. You'd probably just want to add the step and the length of the ledge itself to accommodate it. I've seen everywhere from 6" all the way up to 18" used on tanning ledges, depending on intended seating/usage. If you want to avoid the step going onto the tanning ledge, I'm guessing you'd want somewhere around 9".

A few things to consider:
1 light and 1 return line on the reef step, if not the step will have poor water circulation and have bad shadowing when the pool lights are on.
3 lounges on the reef step is going to be tight if your using a“Ledge Lounger” style.
Have more than one umbrella sleve on the reef step so you can stay in the shade longer as the sun moves.
12” of water on the reef step is deep, how are you planning on using it? Lounges only requir around 8” of water to have you half way in water while using.
Is the elevation of the pool completely at 0”? If not than I would consider a spillway on your bench along the back wall if it’s at +18” or so.
Has your builder described locations of the jets in the spa? Doubles or triples or foot jets?
Is he planning on having a step in the spa or will it be a sit-n-spin?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.