Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Sanity Check - We are in South Texas. Here are the chem readings;
FC 10
PH 7.6
TA 75
CH 450
CYA 70
Salt 3300
For the last month, its been cloudy a few days, cool and sunny most days, some heat 1 or 2, and one big rain. Chems have been steady all season. Water is hovering around 68-70, so we have not been swimming at all. FC has been creeping up from 6.5 and I keep bumping SWG down. Is this ok? Just keep bumping down until I find the balance? Should I turn it off completely for a day and see where it goes? I’m still a rook, so I’m reaching out. Thanks in advance.

FC has been creeping up from 6.5 and I keep bumping SWG down. Is this ok? Just keep bumping down until I find the balance?
Yep. Perfectly normal for us this time of year. I'm doing the same. At some point you'll either set the output close to zero or reduce pump times, but either is fine. Once the water gets too cold for the SWG you'll transition over to liquid chlorine for 2-3 moths. Easy stuff.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Bradley,

In a saltwater pool, with a CYA of 70, your FC target is 5 but you can go up to 28 without an ill effects.

Looking at it that way, an FC of 10 is not all that high. I always try to keep my FC at my target or above.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Yep. Perfectly normal for us this time of year. I'm doing the same. At some point you'll either set the output close to zero or reduce pump times, but either is fine. Once the water gets too cold for the SWG you'll transition over to liquid chlorine for 2-3 moths. Easy stuff.
Thank you! I appreciate it! Be well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.