FC question

What do you mean by "automation"? Is that the saltwater thing? I have read about too many people with above ground pools that have gotten wrecked because of having Salt water in it. Just wondering?

I meant "automation" in the most general sense. A good neighbor. A Stenner chlorine pump. Or even the salt system. Folks with more "salt experience" will be better able to advise you, but considering the gazillion pools out there with SWGs, I don't think they are inherently bad news.

Chlorine utopia is a pool that always has a perfectly and unvarying amount of chlorine at all times. We lean on "automation" to approach that goal.....

With all the information you've recieved, I'd like to suggest what I'd do if it were my pool.

I'd raise my CYA to 50ppm since I'm in AZ. If I couldn't find someone to depend on to take care of my pool, I'd SLAM it, circulate it, cover it with a solar cover and shut the pump off. The solar cover would certainly help preserve the FC from the Sun consuming it.

Good Luck Mike :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.