LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Completed a SLAM yesterday morning with no loss in the OCLT and no CC's. Since FC was at SLAM level early yesterday morning I didn't check it again until just now and it was at 9ppm after two days of bright sun on the pool. My question is should I be seeing this much FC loss after finishing OCLT? Pool is sparkling again, BTW.
Thanks ....
Numbers just now:
FC 9
PH 7.2
TA 50
CYA 35

FC will drop fairly quickly after a slam and drop to it's normal range. Add to that the standard 2-4 ppm of regular daily loss and it's very possible. But soon it should steady. Down here we still have a couple hot months ahead and a CYA of 35-40 won't do it for me. Perhaps you need just a bit more stabilizer to protect the FC? Something to watch.

Reactions: Rangerman
Get the CYA up to at least 50 and keep the FC up accordingly. It won't be demanding more every day thinking the CYA is higher just once you get the FC in the ballpark the daily loss will be very close.

Last edited:
Completed a SLAM yesterday morning with no loss in the OCLT and no CC's. Since FC was at SLAM level early yesterday morning I didn't check it again until just now and it was at 9ppm after two days of bright sun on the pool. My question is should I be seeing this much FC loss after finishing OCLT? Pool is sparkling again, BTW.
Thanks ....
Numbers just now:
FC 9
PH 7.2
TA 50
CYA 35
What you’re seeing makes sense. The higher the FC in relation to CYA, the faster the FC loss. When your FC is very high at SLAM, you will lose it faster. As FC falls into your more “normal zone” of what you’re used to, the daily loss should slow down and even out to what you’re used to.

For the CYA, your weather may be different from where I am but for my pool at least, CYA of 35 would cause me too much FC loss for the long blue sky days of Summer. I’m at 60 (or thereabouts — darn CYA test lol).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.