Hello all,

Yesterday’s numbers are as follows:

FC = .8
pH = 7.2
TA = 60
CH = 270
CYA = 50
SALT = 1400

I know the salt is high, due to ignorance before finding this site and what the dealer instructed. This spa is typically covered and water temp was 88 degrees yesterday. I added CYA, baking soda, and 11 oz. of 8.25% bleach before we used the spa.

This morning spot check of levels:

FC = .4
CC = .2
pH = 7.2
TA = 70
CYA = 70

I’m concerned by the continuing low levels of free chlorine. I’ve substantially increased the pump run time to 18 hours a day and have the salt water generator on the highest setting. I’m also concerned that everything while I’ve read here indicates using bleach is fine, the manual for my salt water generator indicates never to use chlorine. I attempted to contact the vendor to ask why that would be especially since when filling with city water there is chlorine present. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I know the salt is high

I'm not sure why you say this. 1400 is not a high level of salt I don't think. What is recommended level for your SWG?

11 oz. of 8.25% bleach

In your sig, is says 1725 gallons, so, what, at best that's 4ppm FC? I've found that late in the summer like now, bleach has degraded from summer heat. You may just need to add more bleach. Test FC, add bleach and mix in, then test FC again to make sure you've raised chlorine levels.

With this CYA level, 3.5 FC would be a minimum level. 10 FC would be a goal to reach when adding bleach, and 20 FC would still be ok to swim in.

I'd suggest following SLAM protocols, and maintain shock level FC in the spa for a day or two, see if that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.