May 30, 2021
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi Everyone,

please go easy on me here. I opened my pool back on the 24th. Everything looks great, super clear very happy the way it looks.

My tests are as follows using my test kit Poolmaster 22260-5 Way Test Kit as seen here.

FC: 50
CC: 5.0
pH: 7.6
TA: 110
CYA: 40
Temp: 70

My daughter wants to go swimming so bad, but I am unsure about the chlorine levels. Should the FC and CC be the same? It has been in the same for the past 6 days. Does that make sense?

Pool is a 72000 liter/20000 gallon kidney shape vinyl liner.

Thanks

How do you test CC with that test kit?

How do you test your CYA?

Your FC is probably higher then 5 since 5 is the highest that kit reads.

And what did your local Pool Store say about your FC and CC?

And what did your local Pool Store say about your FC and CC?
At the time, it was low, because the pool was just opened and was super green. At that time they told me to add 2 packages of shock, and 10liters of liquid chlorine. I havn't taken a water sample back to them since. I thought I would try to test it myself.

As you can see your test kit is very limited to tell you the state of the pool water chemistry.

We recommend the Taylor K-2006C kit that gives you a full range of tests and can test FC up to 50PPM.

It takes a bit of work to acquire one in Canada at a reasonable price.

Thanks and this is the same as the taylor one you spoke of ? or equivalent ?

TFT repackages the Taylor reagents into sizes that are better for residential pools at a better price then the Taylor kit that is aimed for commercial pool use.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can consider getting the TFT Pro that adds a stirrer and a fancy case.

Or buy the stirrer separately. The stirrer does make testing easier and more repeatable versus swirling the vial.

The pro seems better? there is powders and stuff in the other one lol, the pro seems to just have liquids
The powder is in the pro too. But it's literally just a tiny scoop of the powder. It's not any more difficult than the drops.
It comes with very precise instructions too. You definitely want the speed stir though.

Reactions: rcs29 and proavia
The pro seems better? there is powders and stuff in the other one lol, the pro seems to just have liquids
They both have all the same ingredients. Just packaged differently.