Jul 8, 2011
Hi All...I grew up as a pool builder's daughter so my hubby has decided I'm the one who handles everything related to our pool since my dad isn't alive anymore. My heat pump is acting up and every company in Maryland is so busy opening in ground pools right now no one will make service calls! So...I'm hoping that with your help I can fix it myself!

Our heat pump hasn't worked since we bought the house/pool 10 years ago, but this year it decided to leak (see red circle in attached picture for location of leak. It's a 3/8 Fast&Tite nut that suddenly started shooting water out of it a couple weeks ago when the pump is on high...it's currently wrapped in duct tape to try to prevent the water from shooting out). I've gone to our local pool store and Home Depot in an attempt to find an equivalent plug, but to no avail.

Do any of you have any familiarity with this? I'm desperate, because there is no bypass valve that I can use to bypass the heat pump altogether, which means that in order to run the pump I have to find a way to plug this up.

Thanks in advance!!
Pool Builder's Daughter fullsizeoutput_8b16.jpeg

Yes, however I can't seem to find a plug that fits. Everything at Home Depot is threaded differently. And for some reason I can't seem to find a replacement piece online even when I search Fast&Tite 3/8". They all look like they have holes in the center?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.