FAS/DPD Chlorine Test Kit

Sanford35000

Jun 23, 2021
Sanford NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
I ordered a Taylor K-2005-C test kit on Wednesday before reading this forum, later found that most of you recommend the K-2006 because of the FAS/DPD, so I went and ordered the FAS-DPD kit from tftestkits.net yesterday.

This morning I received an e-mail telling me that the kit is out of stock and now the kit is totally gone from their web site. The link that most have posted for the kit now redirects to the TFTestKits.net home page.

Any ideas or suggestions?

There are multiple items that are currently out of stock on the site with the FAS/DPD Kit being one of them. She’s hoping to receive a shipment from Taylor of new reagents but her order has been delayed a few times now.

Looks like they are out of R-0003 (The only thing in the FAS/DPD that is not available on their web site).

You could try to buy a K-1515 directly from Taylor Technologies. Not the best deal, but might work if you are in a hurry.

The K2005 comes with a DPD test. It is a color matching test. It measures to 10 ppm. TFPC believes getting accurate FC/CC results is very important, and being able to test above 10 ppm is needed in many cases. The DPD is not that accurate (color matching) and is limited by the 10 ppm FC max reading.

They sell it because people buy it. Just like people buy test strips or $200+ of potions after using a “free” pool store test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.