Failing Pentair IC40

I have been the owner the an IG pool with a Pentair IC40 and other Pentair equipment installed.

I don't know the age of the IC40 however, it does not appear to be keeping the chlorine levels at the steady state.
Before I replace it what is a good test that I could perform on it to truly verify that it is failing?

Are these unit have the ability to rebuilt?

Thank you for education on this equipment.

What does the "Cell" light show?

There is a sticker on the bottom, does that have a date or serial number?

Do you have pictures of both sides of the cell?

Check the cell for scaling and clean if necessary.

Go to cell diagnostics in easytouch to see what that shows.

What is the pump runtime and what is the cell percentage?

If the cell is producing any chlorine at all, that is a good sign. If you have any CL in your pool from the SWG, it probably just needs to be cleaned or adjusted.

If the "Cell" light is steady red, then that could indicate a larger problem.

I've had two IC40 cells fail within their first 12-18 months of life. My latest cell has been running for over 5 years now, but I've had to replace the flow sensor twice.

Inspecting the inside and cleaning is a total piece of cake for the do it yourself type person. In addition to what is said you can press and hold the more button until it displays the cell life.
Read the manual online for more info.

From what I read. There is not refurb on these , not financially with it. There is only cleaning them . Which should be done at the least once a year. I will be doing inspections more often cause it’s easy.

If it says no errors, it's probably ok.

3500 ppm is the salinity. What percentage is the cell production set to?

Check the cell for scaling and clean if necessary.

What are your chemistry readings?

Try an overnight chlorine loss test to see if you need to SLAM.

80% for 8 hours might not be enough if the chlorine got behind or if you're getting a lot of sunlight.

What have your chlorine readings been that you think that the cell is underperforming?

I would suggest a SLAM to clear any residual chlorine demand and then make sure that your chlorine stays above minimum requirements.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.