Failed solar controller

mernova

Feb 27, 2014
Orlando, FL
Hello all, Due to hurricane Erma i had to have my roof replaced :(. Roofing Co completed the job and a solar Co mounted my panels. The only issue is they said my controller is not functioning and needs replacement at $400.

My symptom is that my booster pump will not turn on so no water flows up to the panels, even if i flip the switch to manual/test. Controller is a Hayward GL-235-X244. Is it a failed controller or something else? How can i test?

If its the controller i can find a replacement on Amazon for $185 and replace myself.

Thanks for all you help.

M,

I would want to make sure that the booster pump works when you apply power to it.

If the valve turns so that water is directed to the solar panels, but the booster does not come on after 30 seconds, then that should mean either the controller is not sending the voltage to the booster, or the booster is not coming on when it receives the voltage.

I would test the output of the controller and the input to the booster with a voltmeter.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.