Excavation contractor in Sugar Land, TX

Jun 11, 2017
Houston/tx
Thanks for such a great forum.
I've been reading day and night for the past couple of months.

I'm planning to build an inground vinyl liner 20x40 DIY pool. Everything is pretty much lined up...with the caveat that I cannot find a decent excavation contractor.
So far, out of 8 companies I called, only one responded and provided a quote.....$8500 :monkey: ouch!!!

Granted, the access to the backyard is a bit limited (6-7' wide) and all the dirt needs to be hauled out, but I guess I'm not as good as I expected with Google Search.

Does anyone know any excavation contractor in the area?

Many thanks.

Thanks a for the heads up PiperVon.

However, when I say DIY, I plan on doing everything myself using a steel wall pool kit purchased online.
The only part that I will contract out is the excavation, as I don't see myself digging a 24'x44' hole with shovels...

If anyone has some contact information in the area for excavators, it will really be appreciated.

Cheers.

Thanks a for the heads up PiperVon.

However, when I say DIY, I plan on doing everything myself using a steel wall pool kit purchased online.
The only part that I will contract out is the excavation, as I don't see myself digging a 24'x44' hole with shovels...

If anyone has some contact information in the area for excavators, it will really be appreciated.

Cheers.

My entire pool was done with a small skid-steer basically in one day by one person. If you are handy and it sounds like you are, look into renting a skid-steer and doing it yourself. Worst case you are out a few hundred for the rental.

DZlO6Nz8Zd7whc8ImoLKK-_p0tvqA-Zv6anjJOQ2bZ_mAf68vlaxRXNrslkM6n9E_cEpiU1Bsf-dnaNQv6yUznXCwa0ocNeNpj3Vcuc9HRuuT1XxwJ_4-DuV-WBZoS6Inti_AVnG7-qVqSH4PRJ0WHzd4HEqV_zuskBABblA6WAJMr14Ve_JLyAvfpenIXnN5-B9dCH2bF1j5Bmx51LJ5MaJsvsmbiFOPViYu369T9nDNNuR7MnatBEHGT3FjucZl8lXGw43qA7Lh0aLjbEZpn7XuPTT_KyiAXys7Cou8ckc7ykLsiG9yaXU3CKRTmvlqc5t4ZqgrsZ_fveqlZI9cjJq5HLhUZvVZG09eHIZh-GcgZv6Oz7pR0miF-xi9lajgNQ21Eap2oJwsofNpv9ic_0532ivi7vCuwJCuQX4fFczZBYJyhW0BynlE9dIVSTNLtKcvKl7uBT7tNATHIeezqctzfyJp3P9_vKe024cSNatcyk8tRNUx8offkzF-HiV3xsWvVTcpJSf-VY5FnKZCZOY6SQAplJ6GxFIxzTFVJbVXsPGQ4N83pHGKC0RkQiPE-6ZIWLS8nEvGN9bpDVPg_bcac0XrnDlmPXnJ0XaLu_g-fXXRR9v_627tQfzQj7Qaqx-YzubREP1Tio3K-ABPtOhcRCf5go-50-wVKykHOwJ5g=w1707-h960-no

Been thinking a lot about renting a skid-steer, and doing it myself. Plus, I would get the added fun for free :p.
Only issue is I need to get the dirt hauled away, and there's not enough room in my backyard to keep it all (24'x44'x5' is a lot of dirt).

That's mainly the reason I was looking at using a contractor with dump trucks.

I hope my luck with the quoting process is going to get better.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.