Ever search for something hoping to find the answer you want but only finding the opposite?

Macboy

Bronze Supporter
May 18, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I have been searching for about 30-40 minutes without conclusive results but if I had to say whether the results I have found were skewed to the "yes" or "no" it would be more to the "no"....but I'm gonna ask anyway since all the search results I found were quite quite old.

These Intex-type, metal frame pools, how stretchy are the bottoms if a guy were thinking about digging out the middle of the new pool? Is this an absolute no-no? When I was a kid and again a teen, my dad had me help him with our metal walled, liner type AGPs and in both cases we left 18" around the perimeter (they were all round pools) and dished the middle down 6-12".

I'm not thinking of dishing down the new 22X3 anywhere near that far but feel like even 2-3" over the "factory depth" would be nice. But not if it's a major risk to the pool....

Have any current Intex-type AGP owners dug down a bit in the middle of their pools?

I think the frame of an Intex type AGP is less able to handle the additional stress from a dished bottom than your Dads metal walled pool. And I think they made things stronger and better in those days.

I think, if I understand what I've read about the "dishable" pool liner is that they have extra material so the liner would fit the hole you give it as opposed to the Intex type pools where I'd be relying on the stretch of the bottom material. I don't think I'm gonna risk it.

Reactions: Newdude