Houma, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Did some reading on freeze protection and got the jist of it. However, I really didn't find what I was looking for to my answer.
Right now I have 1 main "Pool" circuit and 2 "features" setup for my Pentair Intellipro VSF. Obviously when "pool" schedule kicks on, so does chlorinator. When the 2 features kick on as schedule just the pump is running just to circulate water and continuously skim.
All that said, we have some pretty cold weather that may be here next week.
Couple questions I have is...
1. What GPM is best to keep everything from freezing?
2. At the time I(installers set this) have the "pool" circuit set for freeze protection. I really don't need the chlorinator on, so I don't want this circuit to run. Do I just deselect "freeze protection" for this and turn on one of the others?
3. From what I read, designating a circuit/feature "freeze protection" that circuit/feature will turn on no matter if it is in a schedule or not. Correct?

What is your pool water temperature??? Your IC40 will not work when the water temp is below 52 degrees anyway..

I run my pump 365/24/7, mostly at 1200 RPM and never use the ET's freeze protect. The cost to do this is less than $20 bucks a month, so for me, freeze protect does not make any sense.

If a circuit is set up as "on with freeze" it will come on no matter what the schedule is set for..

Thanks,

Jim R.

What is your pool water temperature??? Your IC40 will not work when the water temp is below 52 degrees anyway.

It is at 58* right now. But forecasts is expecting low/mid 20s early next week for a couple days.

My pump doesn't run after 10pm and then comes back on at 8am. But runs pretty much all day so it picks up leaves when winds are blowing. At night wind doesn't blow that hard.

So in the end if I set my normal low pump setting for freeze protection, I should be OK if by chance temps get that low.