Epoxy pool paint recommendations

May 17, 2015
Herndon/va
I am looking to paint my gunnite pool with epoxy based paint. Looking to paint it from natural white/concrete color to more of a royal blue color to hide dirt a little better and to also help heat pool better. Any recommendations for choosing an epoxy paint? TIA

I am looking to paint my gunnite pool with epoxy based paint. Looking to paint it from natural white/concrete color to more of a royal blue color to hide dirt a little better and to also help heat pool better. Any recommendations for choosing an epoxy paint? TIA
Only advice that’s common is not to do it.

I assume if no paint then I should replaster?

Yes.

Can I add the color to it?

Colored regular palster should not cost much more than white.

How much am I looking at to replaster? Roughly 32k gallon pool.

You have to call around and get some quotes. Prices vary widely across areas.

Not sure when it was last replastered but definitely not in last 9 years

If you already have two layers of plaster on the pool you should get a full chipout of the old plaster.

I assume if no paint then I should replaster? Can I add the color to it? How much am I looking at to replaster? Roughly 32k gallon pool. Not sure when it was last replastered but definitely not in last 9 years
You can get blue plaster or a variety of different colors. Cost will vary a lot depending on location and contractor availability. I got quotes from $12k-16k on my 27k gallon pool.

The issues with the paint stuff is that it only tends to last a couple years before flaking or chalking up.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Replastering is a more permanent solution. Usually you want to save up for that kind of investment because it might also be a good idea to redo coping or tiles or both at the same time. Pools can be replastered with doing tile work but the plaster applicator needs to know what their doing or else they can screw up the existing tile line.

You’ll get more interest from contractors in your pool renovation job if it’s more than just a replaster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.