Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hello,

I have tried twice SLAM process to remove black algae and it comes back after about a month or two. Since my pool is about 15 years old, porous plaster let algae roots to go deep making harder to remove algae. I would like to see if epoxy coating after pressure washed is a good option or not. May be i am completely wrong but isn't the coating will create protected layer (like a glass) for algae and blocks the root to go deep which might help removing algae.

I would appreciate if anyone can share any experience with that.

The painting will only make a bigger mess down the road as it start to flake off. Most paints don't last past 2 yrs before the mess starts. Black algae is the worst as you have found. Your best bet is to do a SLAM with lots of extra brushing. I would even think about using a brush with steel bristles in it IF you think your plaster can handle it.

I am not sure what else to do since i was already brushing hard with steel brush and stopped SLAMing after no sign of algae. I guess i will try one more SLAM in December where cooler temp will help kill the algae.

Thanks for the comment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.