Silver Supporter
Dec 20, 2023
Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
My pool installer a few weeks ago said he needed to add some water safe epoxy product to this area. Well I am looking at it now and you can see where he added it but there’s a clear area in the bottom right corner where it is missing. Is this critical to have? Will water leak out in this location without a good seal there?

Attachments

• IMG_7500.jpeg
    IMG_7500.jpeg
    587.7 KB · Views: 15
My pool installer a few weeks ago said he needed to add some water safe epoxy product to this area. Well I am looking at it now and you can see where he added it but there’s a clear area in the bottom right corner where it is missing. Is this critical to have? Will water leak out in this location without a good seal there?
Unless it was leaking, there was no need for that in the first place. If it was leaking at the interface, the epoxy should cover the entire area. Also, they do make that epoxy in grey.

Unless it was leaking, there was no need for that in the first place. If it was leaking at the interface, the epoxy should cover the entire area. Also, they do make that epoxy in grey.
Thanks for the reply. So is it something in your opinion I should repair or not? I am scarred by multiple leaks and am not sure I’ll ever have a trouble free pool

Just for context, the reason my installer did it in the first place was at the recommendation of the leak detection company.
You can check for it leaking by turning off the equipment and use food coloring in a syringe under water to slowly let a drop of color out near the area and see if it gets sucked into anything or just dissipates. If it gets sucked in anywhere, there’s a leak.

Reactions: jrsmith25
You can check for it leaking by turning off the equipment and use food coloring in a syringe under water to slowly let a drop of color out near the area and see if it gets sucked into anything or just dissipates. If it gets sucked in anywhere, there’s a leak.
To add to this, try this product. The bottle has a very tiny opening that lets a tiny stream out when you give it a little squeeze. It will look like blue smoke and flow to a leak if there is one and it is applied close enough.
After you use it for this, add the whole bottle to the pool, makes the water sparkle, doesn't hurt anything chemically or the equipment, last a couple of days. I use it for customers who tell me they are having a pool party. They love the look.
1711812519225.png