EMERGENCY ACTIONS - About to cut pumps out in case of flood

I may have to do like that woman did over here and build a levee around my property. Lol Glad to hear you are OK! I hope it stays away as well. I have nothing new to report here, still dry and no sight of rising water but we are in no way out of danger of it. I hope everyone is wrong. I did bring the pool up to shock level and have not cut the pumps yet. I should have the unions on Monday but will be ready to pull the motors today if need be.

The water is finally receding over here very slowly. Here is a video from a drone that someone in our hood filmed. We are on the right side behind the levee. This is probably about a 1/2 mile to a mile from the river. FM 359 @ Farmers Rd - YouTube

I need to get me one of those drones! I went by one of the recommendations above and pulled the 3 pump motors and just cut out the whole booster pump. I also removed the heater and left the filter in place. We were hit on Monday and right now I am the proud owner of an island. My house does not have water but everything else does ranging from 54" on one side of the property to 2-3' on the opposite side. The pool has at least 2' above it. The water finally started going down a little today. I'd say 3-4". The roads around me have too much water to get out even for a lifted truck. Gonna be a long wait and even longer to clean up all the mess that will be in my yard. :laughable: Here are some pics!

Attachments

• DSC_2316.jpg
    DSC_2316.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 76
Wow did you have flooding like this last year, I seem to remember seeing the same place with flooding during the big Texas rains a year ago, just not sure if it was on TFP or another message board.

Just so you know, those unions are not designed to install mid pipe section. They fit right at the pump and seal right against the body of the pump with an O-ring. They are great, but if you are planning on putting in unions where you marked the Xs, they won't work.

Wow did you have flooding like this last year, I seem to remember seeing the same place with flooding during the big Texas rains a year ago, just not sure if it was on TFP or another message board.

Yes, I did. Only after the pool was built, never before. LOL We don't usually flood, just the luck of the draw I guess. This time is much worse. Last year was just torrential rain for weeks, this time is solely because of the Brazos River and what happened up river. The pool is on the high side of the property as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Just so you know, those unions are not designed to install mid pipe section. They fit right at the pump and seal right against the body of the pump with an O-ring. They are great, but if you are planning on putting in unions where you marked the Xs, they won't work.

I know. The marks were drawn before these unions came up. :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sure put it by the pool just build it from brick or stone and use modular appliances that you can quickly remove.

I'm going to use flagstone so I guess it wouldn't be a problem. Would definitely cost a ton more. I've been thinking raised deck covered patio kitchen, bar, and game room. LOL Better stick to my first plan so I can finish this century. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.