Electronics diagram software

Monkminder

Apr 27, 2023
Los Angeles
I am looking to do a DIY pool automation controller. I have researched fairly extensively here and elsewhere.

I want to create a build list and create a visual diagram of all the electrical connections, both high and low voltage. I am looking for advice on layout software for electrical circuits. I really only need to do a block diagram, but if something out there had models for Raspberry Pi, it would look/feel even better to me. Free software would be best. I am currently thing with Sketchup or I may able to find my old Office Deluxe install disc for MS Viso but it would be a hunt. o_O Any thoughts anyone?

draw.io Free.

I use it professionally for network stuff since MS Visio was depreciated. PowerPoint works well, but it is not automated so it takes a little getting used to with boxes and lines.

edit: I should say that the features I needed in Visio were depreciated, not the product itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: ogdento
There are some free plugins that will accommodate the Raspberry Pi components available. I can't remember if they are included in the base on the website or not, but just search for them and they can be brought it easily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.