electric heat pump for 75,000 gallons ?

For now, can I buy a floater for the big tabs? Buy two? When I was talking to pentair about the heater I was telling him about how there are 20 tabs a week. He just said@@@ get them out of there. I bet I just screwed up my warrant by telling him.

This house was up for a bank sale for 7 years. No one got it. Why? No C of O for house, pool, electric. We been doing paper work for 4 months now. We just got the ok. We passed. We had to move pool fence, we had to put Ina 4x4x4 well for pool. After $5,000. We now have everything. We just got it today. Pool hold 128,000 gallons of water ?

- - - Updated - - -

The size is 30 X 63 feet. The deep end 10 1/2 feet. Low end 4 1/2 ft. The. A 8x3 sitting spa.

People use heaters most for spring to get in early on a hot spring day. Might be done with swimming for autumn, but generally for shoulder seasons, or for a party when the weather happens to turn cold.

Floaters would be better than the skimmers, but 21 - 8 ounce pucks? You could add 6 pucks every other day, or 9 every three days maybe. Floaters are cheap, so you can give it a try. If going pucks, get an inline chlorinator and plumb it in, it's a simple device. Or better yet, get some floaters to get by on, and then use the expert help here, and decide on a low maintenance way to do it right... like I said, for me it would be SWG and Stenner acid injector.

I ordered 2 floaters and one that goes on the bottom of pool. I will start with that. Start looking to see how to do this the right way. Glad I found this forum because my pool guy never say anything. I'm still trying to see why I have extra pipes coming out of the ground next to my heater.

I ordered 2 floaters and one that goes on the bottom of pool. I will start with that. Start looking to see how to do this the right way. Glad I found this forum because my pool guy never say anything. I'm still trying to see why I have extra pipes coming out of the ground next to my heater.

Maybe a picture of the equipment pad would help?

Soon as you can, enter your pool details as a signature. There's a link in my signature - Read before posting - that has the instructions. It will help you get the best possible advice here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There are 3 pipes that are not connected. Two of them I know what they are for. The pipe on right with the blue tape is for the two bottom drains for deep end. One is for the water slide. If you look at the heater, the pipe coming out of heater. (Hot water) there is a open pipe on ground. What can that be for ?where it is, it seems to be a discharge. All my returns are working. I meet a guy yesterday. He's dad owns a pool service place in Southampton. The son works for the company. He is a boater that keeps his boat next to my boat. I been talking to him and he stopped by and looked. He has no clue. He checked my pool and said all the chemicals were right on. If anyone has any clue what that pipe can be. ? ??

No clue, but do you know the pool builder who built it? They may recall or have record. I would be interested to hear how much it cost.
we found out more info on the pool. I found the guy who installed the plumbing and the guy who installed the bricks. The pool holds over 100,000 gallons of water. He said 126,000 galls. the cost to install everything $140,000 plus $8,000 to clear the land and $3800 to back fill. Plus the gate $6700. I spoke to the same guy who install all the pool stuff. He had the same heater as I put in. For the Sumer months I will have no problem keeping pool at 86 deg. Pentair said the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a better picture. I have to find out what that pipe is coming out of the ground next to the heater.

Just throwing these out there, not really sure.

Left most pipe connected to suction side of pump may be from the main drain. When it's running, dive down with a mask and a little bottle of food coloring. Squirt some near the one of the main drains and see if it gets sucked in.

The standpipe that isn't connected might be a waste line, from a prior filter that was backwashed for cleaning.

I did that. I put my diving tank on. The bottom two drains are dead! My pool guy even told me he did not connect them. What u said about back washing. That's what the new pool guy said. Why would it be on left side near heater? That side is the return side. Are you looking at that short pipe under the pipe coming out from heater ? The tall pipe on right side is suck side. That pipe would be for bottom drain. Does that all sound right? Thank you so much. Marty D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.