Edge 40 " check Cell light"

markayash

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
Its only about 3 1/2 years old and the Edge only has lights.
Its still making chlorine and working.

Salt is good ( Taylor 1766 shows 3200 ) and no low salt light
I did a 25% acid soak and it did bubble some but didn't help.

Anybody else ran into this issue?
I did email discount salt but also wanted to ask here also.

If salt is good and it is making chlorine I would ignore the Idiot Light just like you do in a car.

Reactions: markayash
Now it shows low salt but it’s at 3400.
Good news if after being gone for 2 weeks my FC is at 12 😎 so it’s working.

How does it calculate salt? Resistance?

I did notice once before if I set it at the Lowest setting it would complain about salt. The edge actually lowers power vs cycling in and off and at 1/8th it’s only drawing around 20 watts.

I am going to kick it up to 50% and use the timer ( pump runs 24/7 ) to turn it off at night and see if plays nice again. Maybe it’s too low to get a true reading?

I would check the cell for any scale, especially scale that is bridging between two plates. When I get scale (high TA fill water and laziness), cell maintenance and low salt are first symptoms before the SWCG shuts down. 15-20 minutes scraping the scale off manually and it’s back in action.

Reactions: markayash
I would check the cell for any scale, especially scale that is bridging between two plates. When I get scale (high TA fill water and laziness), cell maintenance and low salt are first symptoms before the SWCG shuts down. 15-20 minutes scraping the scale off manually and it’s back in action.
Thanks, I did check and no buildup but did do a mild acid washing to clean the plates and did get some bubbling.

If not will just leave it alone.

I like the fact the edge runs 24/7 and doesn’t cycle but don’t like the idiot lights and no information

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.